Thursday, May 10, 2012

Manorville Birds

Yellow Warbler

This morning I had to conduct a site visit at a defunct nursery which will soon be a new subdivision.  I enjoy this part of my job as I'm often one of the last people to see a property in it's "natural state" before it's developed.  It's bittersweet of course, but still nice.  In this case, 1/2 of the property will be given to the Town for Open Space so it's not a total loss.

Chipping Sparrows

During my inspection I saw a decent variety of birds.  Yellow Warblers (including some with nesting material), Orchard Orioles, Chipping Sparrows, Song Sparrows, House Finches and others.  Here are a few photos from this morning.

Pair of House Finches

Yellow Warbler with Nesting material


I photographed these birds with my Nikon D300s which you can check out here:

No comments:

Post a Comment