Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Bald Eagle Update and a noisy warbler

One day you'll be closer... or I'll be in a kayak
Around noon today I found myself in Robert Cushman County Park in Manorville conducting a baseline inspection for a proposed project nearby.  It was a brief hike in the woods (and I managed a few ticks on my jeans) but Pine Warblers were singing in good numbers.... lighting was well, less than ideal, but I can illustrate the difference between the female (drab) and male (brightly colored) with these photos:


After work I took advantage of the nice weather and headed down to the Bald Eagle nest - but to my disappointment the Adult was once again very far away - perched on the washed up tree, just like last weekend.  The Osprey were both on the nest - but after another osprey passed with a fish (see below) and the male pursued lazily after it, the female headed across the river to a favored perch where the Male joined it for a little preening.  A scan back to the Bald Eagle and I found it was missing - only to locate it far far up in the sky hunting over the bay.  Oh well, maybe this weekend!

Osprey with a flounder that appears to have had its head bitten off

1 comment:

  1. It’s amazing in support of me to truly have a web site that is valuable meant for my knowledge.

    Long Island

    ReplyDelete