Tuesday, October 5, 2010

summer shots

I've been going through some folders organizing my images and came across a few that have never been posted here on the blog so I wanted to share them with all of you.  The theme (incase you didn't notice) is shorebirds.  Enjoy.

Above: Eastern Willet with what I believe to be a long-clawed hermit crab.  Below: Oystercatcher flying over Shinnecock Bay:

This Ruddy Turnstone stopped in the Hamptons for a layover during migration:

A Short-billed dowitcher appears lonely @ Cupsogue, but its friends were just out of frame.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Luke,
    The first one and the fourth one are my favorite because of the eye to eye level contact with the birds but all of them are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Chris - I love getting down to the level of the birds, particularly with smaller shorebirds and waterfowl.

    ReplyDelete